Ingredients for Eggplant Rolls
- 3 large eggplants
- coarse salt
- flour as needed
- canola oil as needed
For the filling:
- 10½ ounces (300 grams) ground walnuts
- 4-5 garlic cloves crushed
- ½ chili peppers chopped (or to taste)
- 1 red onion chopped
- Pinch of hot paprika
- Pinch of turmeric
- ¼ bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) white wine vinegar (or to taste)
- Seeds from ½ pomegranate
- Salt to taste
1. Slice the eggplants lengthwise into 0.2-inches/ 5mm slices. Sprinkle the coarse salt over them and place them in a colander for 30 minutes. Rinse and dry.
2. Heat the oil in a skillet. Flour the eggplant slices and fry them on both sides until golden brown. Transfer to a plate lined with towel paper.
3. Mix all the ingredients together until they form a spreadable paste, similar in texture to hummus. If the paste is too thick, dilute it with a little water. Spread the filling on the fried eggplant slices and roll them into rolls. To allow the flavors to meld, refrigerate the rolls for an hour before serving.
This recipe is courtesy of the “HaShulchan” website