Ingredients for Tarator
- 6 large cucumbers peeled and coarsely grated or cut into cubes
- coarse salt
- 25 ounces (700 grams) natural yogurt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons (150 ml) water
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- ¼ cup dry mint leaves
- 6 ice cubes
1. Place the cucumbers in a colander and sprinkle with the salt. Set aside for 30 minutes to release any excess liquid and rinse thoroughly.
2. In a bowl, mix the cucumbers and the remaining ingredients together and add salt to taste. Transfer to tall glasses, add the ice cubes and serve.