Ingredients for Spicy Almonds
- 1.1 lbs (500 grams) almonds Blanched, whole
- oil for frying
For the seasoning:
- ⅔ cup (150 ml) olive oil with a dominant flavor
- ½ teaspoon dried Sudanese pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- coarse salt
1. Heat oil in a pan on medium heat to around 350F (170C) degrees and fry almonds until golden.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 325F (165C) degrees and line an baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Mix olive oil and cayenne pepper in a large bowl
4. Remove the almonds from the pan with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl with the seasoned olive oil. Mix well, until the almonds are coated in the mixture.
5. Spread the almonds in an even layer on the baking sheet and toast for fifteen minutes in the hot oven. Stir every 5 minutes at least, making sure the almonds don't burn.
6. Salt the roasted almonds with coarse salt to taste.