Ingredients for Orange and Olive Salad
- 2 orange
- 8.8 oz (250 grams) wrinkled black olives pitted
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red zhug or harissa
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch Salt (the olives are salty)
Prepare the sauce:
1. Mix together all of the sauce ingredients.
Peel the orange and mix:
2. Cut off the top and bottom of the orange. With a knife, slice the peel and pith (the white covering the interior) from the orange. Then, cut between the thin membranes of the orange segments to extract the contents leaving only the thin membrane in between.
3. Mix the peeled oranges together with the olives and the sauce and serve.