Ingredients for Mofletta
- 2.2 lbs (1 kilogram) flour sifted
- 1.7 oz (50 grams) Dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1½ cups (350-400 ml) water
- 1 heaping tablespoon Salt
1. Mix flour with yeast and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with the hook attachment. Add half the water and start kneading. Add salt and the rest of the water gradually and as needed and knead for 5 minutes until a stable dough is obtained.
2. Form balls with greased hands and place on a baking sheet. Let rise in a warm place for half an hour.
3. Place a dough ball on a greased surface and flatten with greased hands as thin as possible.
4. Heat an ungreased non-stick pan and fry the mofletta for 2 minutes until golden. Flip the mofletta over, and roll out the next ball of dough and place it on top of the first one. When the bottom side is golden, flip both pancakes together to cook the new one. Roll out another and place on top of the pack in the skillet. Flip to cook. Repeat until you can no longer flip (7 or 8), and start over. Except for the first one pancake, they all get cooked on one side only.
The recipe is courtesy of the “Hashulchan” website.