Ingredients for Kuku Sabzi
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- olive oil for frying
- bunch of parsley finely chopped
- bunch of cilantro finely chopped
- bunch of dill leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves finely chopped
- 6 stalks tarragon finely chopped
- bunch of spinach finely chopped (without the stems)
- bunch of swiss chard finely chopped (without the stems)
- bunch of scallions finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chickpeas flour (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/ 175ºC.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a deep 10in/ 26cm skillet and sauté the onion for 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl (except for the oil) and mix until smooth.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large and deep pan (oven safe), pour the herb mixture into it, add the eggs and fry for 7 to 8 minutes over a medium flame until the base starts to set.
5. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes until the frittata is slightly brown in the middle and golden brown around the edges.
6. Flip the frittata onto a platter and serve immediately with lemon wedges and yogurt.
Serve with yogurt and lemon wedges.
This recipe is courtesy of Hashulchan.