Ingredients for Kneidlach
- 2 cups (200 grams) matzo meal
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chicken stock hot
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Prepare the kneidlach:
1. Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until uniform.
2. Make balls the size of ping pong balls. Transfer to a baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
Cook and serve:
3. Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a roiling boil. Add the balls and cook for 10 minutes or until the balls float. Remove the balls with a slotted spoon and add to the chicken stock.
4. Cook the kneidlech in fresh, boiling chicken broth for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.