Ingredients for Turkish Bulgur Meze
- 1 cup medium-sized Bulgur
- 3 tablespoons peppers or Turkish pepper paste (biber salcasi)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate concentrate
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried mint leaves
- 2 peeled tomatoes sliced into thin rings
- 20 leaves of lettuce
1. Pour 3/4 cup water into a small pot and bring to a boil. Add bulgur, cover and cook for 5 minutes over low heat. Place aside without opening the lid and let the bulgur rest for at least 10 minutes.
2. Place the cooked bulgur in a large mixing bowl. Add tomato paste, paprika, cumin, salt, dried mint and ground black pepper, as well as the herbs and chopped onion. Mix well. Add olive oil and pomegranate concentrate and mix again. Taste and add spices if needed. Serve lukewarm or cold.