Ingredients for Fruit and Wine Compote
- 2 cups (480ml) dry red wine
- 1 cup (240ml) mineral or filtered water
- 1 cup (240ml) orange juice
- 1 cup (200 grams) Sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick broken into two pieces
- 2 clove
- 12 dried apricots
- 12 pitted prunes
- 8 small pears whole and peeled
1. In a pot, heat the wine, water, orange juice, sugar, cinnamon stick and cloves until the sugar dissolves and bring to a boil. Add the dried fruit and pears and bring to a second boil.
2. Lower the flame and cook uncovered for about 25 minutes until the pears are soft but still firm.
3. The compote can be prepared up to two days in advance of serving. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
This recipe is courtesy of Hashulchan.