Ingredients for Cow Foot Soup
- 10 pieces foot from cow or calf
- 1 onion chopped
- 8 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons hawaij Yemenite spice mixture (for soup)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 4 tomatoes grated
1. Put the leg pieces in a pot with water and bring to a boil. Remove any foam formed, drain and fill again with water. Bring to a boil again and remove the foam.
2. Add hawaij, sweet paprika, tomato paste, crushed garlic, salt, chopped onion, grated tomatoes and coriander, mix and bring to a boil again. Cover the pot, reduce to low heat and cook for 8 hours.
3. Remove the leg pieces from the pot when they are soft (You can also keep the leg pieces in and serve them with the soup). Serve alongside potatoes, rice, pita or bread.