Ingredients for Chicken Chamin
- 1 ½ cups Basmati rice
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 6 individual chicken legs
- 2 onion large, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves coarsely chopped
- 2 potatoes peeled and cut into rounds
- pinch Salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2-3 teaspoons Baharat
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
1. Pour oil into a large, oven safe pot and fry the chicken legs until golden. Remove from the heat. Scrape the fond off the bottom and keep in the pot.
2. Add the onion to the pot and cook until transparent, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the garlic and the potato slices and fry another 4 minutes.
4. Return the chicken to the pan and add the rest of the ingredients and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil.
5. Cover, lower the heat and transfer to the oven, or a hot plate, set to 110 degrees overnight.