Ingredients for Carrot Swiss Chard Salad
- 1.1 lbs (500 grams) carrots whole, peeled
- 1 bunch swiss chard or mangold
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons zhug or harissa
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- lemon juice from half a lemon
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
1. Place carrots in a pot, cover with plenty of water and bring to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes or until the carrots soften a little (al dente).
2. Blanch the chard leaves in a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes and drain.
3. While cooking, prepare a bowl of ice water and transfer the chard to it to stop the cooking. Drain well.
4. Chop the chard and transfer to a serving bowl.
5. Slice the carrots to medium thick rounds and add to the chard.
6. Mix the sauce ingredients and pour over the carrots and chard. Mix and serve.