Ingredients for Carrot Salad
- 5 large carrots peeled and cut into rings ¼-inch/5mm thick
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon hot or sweet paprika
- Salt to taste
- Handful of (or cilantro), finely chopped
1. Cook the carrots in boiling water until they are tender, but not mushy or falling apart. (Make sure not to overcook them!)
2. Mix all the salad ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside for 30 minutes before serving. Season to taste.
This recipe is courtesy of Hashulchan.