Ingredients for Bubelah - Passover Pancakes
- ¾ cup (180ml) warm milk (can be substituted with water or nondairy milk)
- 1½ cups matzo meal
- 2 beaten eggs
- ¾ cup (180ml) warm water
- 1½ - 2 Tablespoons (15-20 grams) vanilla sugar
- ½ heaping teaspoon baking powder
- neutral - flavored oil or butter (for frying the pancakes)
1. Place the matzo meal, eggs, water, milk, baking powder and vanilla sugar in a bowl. Using a fork, beat the ingredients into a homogeneous and thick batter, but one that is also airy (not solid). If the batter is too dry (inserting a tablespoon is difficult), add some more liquid. If the batter is too thin, add a little more matzo meal.
2. Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan until it is hot. Using two tablespoons, create pancakes out of the batter and slide them into the frying pan. Fry on a medium flame for about 3 to 4 minutes until they turn brown, Turn the pancakes over and continue frying for about another 4 minutes until the other side is golden brown. Remove and transfer to a plate lined with towel paper.
3. Serve warm with any sweet topping of your choice.
This recipe is courtesy of Hashulchan.