Ingredients for Turkish Stew
For the eggplant puree:
- 4 eggplants
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk or any other vegan milk
For the meat stew:
- 450 grams minced ground beef or lamb meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 onion finely chopped
- olive oil
- red chili peppers flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried mint leaves
Preparing the Eggplant:
1. Pour olive oil into a small pot and heat over low heat. Add flour and mix well. Lightly increase the heat and pour a quarter of the amount of soy milk into the pot. Whisk well. Add the rest of the soy milk in 3 rounds while vigorously whisking. Cool at room temperature.
2. Bake eggplants on a deep tray covered in baking paper, in an oven preheated to maximum heat for about 20 minutes. Allow the eggplants to cool completely in the oven for 30 minutes. Peel carefully. Coarsely chop and add to the soy milk mixture in the pot. Mix well and bring to a gentle boil.
Preparing the Meat:
3. Heat a pan and pour oil. Fry chopped onions for 4-5 minutes. Place aside. Pour a quarter cup of water into a small pot and add the minced beef meat and salt. Mix well and cook over low heat until most of the water evaporates. Add the fried onions, ground black pepper and paprika. Mix well and bring to a gentle boil.
4. Pour the hot eggplant puree on a serving plate. Add the hot meat stew on top. Pour in olive oil and garnish with hot chili and dried mint. Serve immediately.